Friday, December 6, 2013

Baby Dos

So it is obvious that I have done the worst job documenting this pregnancy.  I cannot even offer excuses (ok- so I can- nausea, back pain, anemia, extreme tiredness, etc...).  I realized that this babe is about to make an appearance- and I have done nothing other than announce the pregnancy.

So here is a quick snapshot of the pregnancy to date:
  • 18-19 weeks = time when morning sickness subsided
  •  25 weeks = time when back pain picked up
  •  30 weeks = time when sleeping through the night ceased around-replaced with bathroom trips every 2 hours
  • 30 weeks = time when peanut butter craving started to disappear
  • 8425 = number of pistachio's consumed in last 2 months
  • 18= number of pounds higher the scale is showing (although I lost 4 in the beginning, so actual gain is 22)
  • 11 = number of pounds added as a direct result of the pistachio consumption
  • 16 = number of times a day I remind Christopher to be careful and not jump on my stomach
  • 5 = number of times a day Christopher kisses my belly and says hi to his sister
  • 9 = number on a scale of 1-10 that I am mentally ready for this baby
  • 4 = number on a scale of 1-10 that we are actually ready for this baby (this weekend will be spent packing bags, getting the car seat out, buying newborn diapers, & getting the bassinet set up)
  • 1 = number on a scale of 1-10 that I am ready at work to be out for 3 months (but the good news is, if I am not there, I can't stress about it)
I had a check-up with the doctor yesterday, and was a bit surprised with the outcome.  I was hoping that I would be progressing along on my own so that they would schedule an induction.  I did not think that she would tell me that I am 3cm and 50% effaced.  She also said this baby will probably be smaller (in weight and hopefully head circumference) than Christopher- AMEN!!

So while that doesn't necessarily mean the baby will be early, there's a good chance she will.  Which is why this weekend will be spent getting the O'Neill household ready for the little lady.

Here's a bump picture- taken at 37 weeks:











No comments:

Post a Comment